National Festival of Handmade Beers - Isolabirra - The island that was not
From June 26, 2015 16:45 until June 27, 2015 23:30 Save to calendar
Categories: Food and wine events
The 4th edition of “Isola Birra”, the event which hosted for three years, along the streets of Gonnesa, the best handmade beers and their connoisseurs, will take place this year in Quartu Sant’Elena (CA) at the Setar Hotel, on 26-27 June 2015.
The event has a main team, the tasting of handmade beers. Over 50 beers, branded by 15 breweries, selected amongst the best regional handmade productions, both national and international, will be at the different booths, and you may taste, rigorously dispensed on demand, suiting your taste, in addition, dedicated booths will be available for regional gastronomic excellence.
Making this event unique and unmissable, over the opportunity to taste excellent beers, beer tasting workshops will be hold, where the products will be showcased and described by expert connoisseurs, workshop for matching beers and food products, like that on matching of beers and cheese presented by I Cherchi, and more, entertainment and live music.
In addition, Isolabirra has organised a competition, in partnership with Hobbybirra, the Italian portal dedicated to the amateurs of beers, the Isolabirra competition, to whom you can participate with your Homemade beers, by sending in advance, or carrying the beers in person at the Setar Hotel on 27 June morning between 9:00 and 9:45 am.
The participants Home brewers’ beers will be evaluated by a jury of professionals at 10:00 a.m. of 27 June, and the winners will participate to the Home Brewers National Championship.
During competition, the participants may take advantage of a reserved meeting aiming to exchange opinions, recommendations and comments on homemade brewery.
Isolabirra Event schedule
Friday 26 June 2015:
- h 16.45 – Tasting Workshop “Mille e una sfumatura di Dark” – many ways to drink Dark
- h 17.00 – Booth opening and beer dispensing
- h 18.15 – Tasting Workshop Famolo strano – beers invented or reinvented by Italian brewers
- h 19.00 – Beginning of dj set, street artists, and then live music
- h 19.30 – Workshop: matching beer and cheese
- h 22.30 - Workshop: matching beer and cigars
Saturday 27 June 2015:
- h 9.00 – Start receiving beers for competition
- h 9.45 - End receiving beers for competition
- h 10.00 – Starting activities of HB competition
- h 11.00 – Home brewers’ meeting
- h 12.00 – Booth opening and beer dispensation
- h 16.45 – Tasting Workshop “A tutto Malto” – the different uses of malt
- h 18.15 - Tasting Workshop Hop without borders - Hops to the conquest of brewery styles
- h 19.00 - Beginning of dj set, street artists, and then live music
- h 19.30 - Workshop: matching beer and cheese
Prices and participation to workshop
- Entrance and beer 3€ - Entry at the Hotel Setar areas reserved to Isolabirra, and beer 0,20 to your choice.
- 1.50€ - Beer 0.10 cl 3€- Birra 0.20 cl Workshops
- 18€ - Per workshop (participation) purchased at pre-sale for a single Workshop, via e-mail and Facebook page
- 20€ - Per workshop (participation) purchased directly on-site
Isolabirra Info and Booking
Location: Hotel Setar, Entrance for Isolabirra in Via S’Oru e Mari